Thank you for participating in The Arcade!
Below, you will find a step-by-step tutorial on how to prepare and setup for your gacha machine.
Please review your invitation for important deadlines and specific guidelines about the creation of your gacha collections.
Introducing our incredibly friendly and talented staff members:
They’ll be available on our official account “TheArcadeGachaEvents Resident” throughout setup and are here to help!
• You may visit the venue when your items and vendor ads are completed.
• Wear your “The Arcade – Designers Group” tag to access The Arcade’s location during set-up. A 30 second reminder will be given for those who forget to wear the correct group tag. You may be sent home by the security orb. Teleport back once you have “The Arcade – Designers Group” on.
Gacha Machine Artwork
• 512 x 512 image (in .JPG format only) for your gacha machine artwork. (1024 x 1024 textures are not allowed at the venue, as it creates loading lag for customers.)
The Arcade will create a texture preloader HUD, allowing customers to cache vendor artwork into their viewer for faster rezzing time.
Send the exact texture you placed on your machine with full permission to TheArcadeGachaEvents Resident to be included. If you re-upload your machine’s artwork, you must resend it for it to work on the HUD.
Shopping Guide Artwork
The Arcade proudly houses an official shopping guide on our official website for traders and collectors to access. The guide is the perfect opportunity to advertise your brand and gacha goodies through vendor art:
All store owners must create a “key”, (or reference chart), that clearly states what items are available in your machine.
Please follow the following guidelines:
• 1024 x 1024px
• .JPG format
• Include your logo or brand name
• Show all available prizes on your chart. Show which prizes are rare
• Type clear text of each prize name
When you finish your shopping guide key, please send your image to TheArcadeGachaEvents Resident.
Optional: If you are retiring your Arcade gacha items after this round, please let TheArcadeGachaEvents Resident know. We will advertise it as “Designer Verified: Retired after (Month and Year of Round Here)” on your shopping guide page.
Permissions & Packaging Your Items
• Double check that the gacha prize permissions are transferable to the next owner (box, contents, etc.) We strongly recommend sending your items to TheArcadeGachaEvents Resident or a trusted friend/alt to check permissions for you.
• Rare items must end in “RARE” (in caps) so that the script can identify them from commons. Example: My Store – Blue Doll RARE
• Remember the maximum number of individual items is 30 (including RARE items)
• Do not use unpacking scripts since they do not work on “no copy” items.
• All tattoos, poses, and skins must be boxed.
Choosing Your Machine
Congratulations on finishing your gacha set! Please read this important information before coming to the venue to choose your machine:
• Only designers that have received written authorization from TheArcadeGachaEvents Resident may reserve their gacha machine location in advance.
• The remaining gacha machines are offered to designers that are completely finished with their set.
• Does your gacha set require multiple buttons to play specific sizes of clothing? Contact “TheArcadeGachaEvents Resident” during set-up so that we could rez buttons for you. If you did not submit the RSVP form before setup, we cannot provide you a machine with size buttons for this round.
Important: All machines have been placed by Arcade staff and are meant to remain in their designated spots. Please do not take it into inventory, move it, modify it, or rez other items or your machine will be returned to you.
Naming and Pricing Your Machine
• Rename your machine to include your store and gacha set. Example: Best Store Name Ever – Tote Bags
• Place your gacha price of L$25, 50, 75, or 100 in the Description.
Loading Your Machine/Permissions Check
You are now ready to load your machine with your gacha items:
• Place your gacha items from your inventory into the Contents tab of the machine’s Build window.
• After the loading process, the gacha machine will list the permissions of each item in local. It will alert you if there are any items that need to be changed to transfer.
• Accept debit permissions for TheArcade Resident. As a friendly reminder, we have listed The Arcade’s Participation Cut below for reference:
Gacha L$ Price
The Arcade’s L$ Participation Cut
Business Partner Profit Splits (Optional)
Do you need to split profits to your business partners for each gacha sale? Just follow these steps. If you ever need assistance, our staff members are available to help!
It’s important to Note that The Arcade’s participation cut is paid first. The split is calculated afterward.
To setup a split, you will need each partner’s UUID key. You can find it in their profiles in the Firestorm viewer.
Here is an example of a UUID for our bot ArchibaldGachum Resident: 884058b7-ba3b-4499-8d81-1219f9c1f8d7
• Open the notecard named Setup.
• Paste the UUID key of your partner(s).
• Identify how many Linden Dollars (L$) of each sale go to the partner(s).
Below is an example of how to format a split:
Important to note: The owner of the machine does not need to put their avatar key.
• Accept debit permissions
In the above scenario, the avatar ArchibaldGachum Resident to receive L$47 of every gacha sale.
Since TheArcade Resident receives a L$5 cut of each L$100 sale, this is withdrawn first. The remaining is divided as you specified in the Notecard.
The above example would break it down to the following:
L$ Amount Received per Sale
This calculates to 5+47+48 = 100
The probability of winning a rare will be automatically generated for you based on the number of common and rare items you have.
Our gachas use random numbers to determine whether an avatar wins a rare or a common prize! It’s important to note that since the numbers are randomized, we cannot guarantee exact proportions are allocated of any particular item. However, if you play forever, statistically you would receive roughly half as many of a rare as you would a common.
The following formula is used: The number of rares are divided by the total number of items, multiplied by 0.5 (approximately one half), and multiplied by 100 to get a percentage.
Feel free to share this information with customers who may have questions!
If your brand is interested in sharing promotional copies, please purchase the gift box titled: “Store Name – The Arcade Promotional Sample” below your machine.
Please do not box your promotional copies. The script gives out a folder.
The box is scripted to check an access list. After set-up, boxes will be accessible to The Arcade’s official blogging team and brand owners that share a promotional copy.
• Rename your box to your brand’s name
• Place “No Transfer” samples inside
• Reset script.
Promotional copies will be returned before the event opens.
Once you are finished setting up your gacha, you are welcome to play other machines at the event.
As the invitation stated, please do not give away/sell/transfer any gachas won at the venue to non-participants until the 1st, out of fairness to your fellow designers.
You may trade with anyone who is able to access the The Arcade sim.
Allowed Use of Machines
All machines provided by The Arcade are intended for sole use at official Arcade events.
The use of these machines outside of an Arcade event is prohibited. To ensure the enforcement of this, all machines have been programmed to function only on sims where an Arcade event is being hosted.*
*Please note: Since gacha machines are no copy, it is highly recommended that you make safe back up copies of your items before the event starts.
The Arcade Gacha Events would like to extend our sincerest gratitude in your brand’s participation in our upcoming round!
Your tremendous talent, support, and dedication have shaped this event as one of the biggest on the grid to date.
Thank you for showcasing your best!
Wishing you success,