Welcome to The Arcade! Below, you’ll find a step-by-step tutorial on how to prepare and setup your machine. Before proceeding, please review your invitation for important deadlines and specific guidelines about the creation of your collections.
- Setup Support
- Venue Access
- Machine Vendor Artwork
- Pre-Loader HUD
- Shopping Guide
- Permissions & Packaging Your Items
- Choosing Your Machine
- Naming and Pricing Your Machine
- Loading Your Machine/Permissions Check
- Business Partner Profit Splits
- Rare Probability
- Promotional Copies
- Playing Machines
- Allowed Use of Machines
- Thank You
Introducing our incredibly friendly and talented Setup Support team:
- Marianne McCann (Setup Support Manager)
- Diana Renoir
- JasmineStardust Resident
- JulieUK2012 Resident
- Sady Littlepaws
They’ll be available on our official account TheArcadeSupport Resident (TASR) throughout setup and are here to help!
- You may visit the venue when your items and vendor ads are completed, and you’re 100% ready to setup.
- Wear your designer group tag to access the venue during setup. Those without the correct group tag will receive a 30 second warning and risk being sent home by our security orb.
All participating brands must create a “key” (or reference chart) that clearly shows what prizes are available in their machine. Please follow the following guidelines when creating your gacha keys:
- 1024 x 1024 px (for Shopping Guide)
- 512 x 51x px (for gacha machine vendor and pre-loader HUD)
- JPG format only
- Include your brand’s logo/name
- Show all available prizes on your key, marking which are rare
- Text: Each prize name must be legibly listed
An important reminder: Key artwork on machines shouldn’t exceed 512 x 512 px. 1024 textures are not permitted at the venue, as they create lag for customers.)
Every round, The Arcade creates a pre-loader HUD that caches vendor artwork in advance, allowing customers to rez faster at the venue. To be included in the HUD, send the same 512 texture you placed on your machine, full permissions, to: TheArcadeSupport Resident. (Should you update and re-upload your machine’s artwork, you must also re-send to TASR.)
The Arcade’s Shopping Guide is the perfect place to promote your brand’s gacha goodies, and we can’t wait to show off your hard work! When you finish your gacha key, send a 1024 version of your image to: TheArcadeSupport Resident.
Note: If you’re retiring your gacha items after this round, please let us know and we’ll be sure to mention limited availability on your shopping guide page.
- Double-check that prize permissions are transferable to the next owner (box, contents, etc.) We strongly recommend sending your items to TASR or a trusted friend/alt to check permissions for you.
- Rare prizes must end in “RARE” (in caps) so that the script can identify them from commons. Example: My Store – Blue Doll RARE
- You may not offer more than 30 prizes in a single gacha machine (including rares.)
- Do not use unpacking scripts since they do not work on “no copy” items.
- All tattoos, poses, and skins must be boxed.
Again, only visit the venue when you’re fully prepared to setup. Only designers who’ve received permission from TASR may reserve their gacha machines in advance. The remaining machines are offered on a first-come, first-reserved basis to designers who are completely finished and ready to setup.
Does your gacha machine require multiple buttons to play specific bodies, heads, etc? If so, contact TASR during setup and buttons will be rezzed for you.
Important: All machines have been placed by Arcade staff and are meant to remain in their designated spots. Do not move or modify machines. Do not take machines into your inventory. Do not rez other items near your machine or anywhere else at the venue.
- Rename your machine to include your store and gacha set. Example: Best Store Name Ever – Tote Bags
- Enter your price of L$25, 50, 75 or 100 in the Description.
You’re now ready to load your machine with your gacha prizes!
- Drag your gacha prizes from your inventory into the “Contents” tab of the machine’s “Build” window.
- After the loading process, the gacha machine lists the permissions of each prize in local chat. You’ll be alerted if any perms need changed to transfer.
- Accept debit permissions for TheArcade Resident. As a reminder, we’ve listed The Arcade’s participation cut below for reference:
Your Pull Price (L$) The Arcade’s Cut (L$) 100 5 75 4 50 3 25 1
Do you need to split profits with your business partner? Just follow these steps:
To setup a split, you will need each partner’s UUID key. You can find it in their profiles in the Firestorm viewer. Here is an example of a UUID for our bot ArchibaldGachum Resident: 884058b7-ba3b-4499-8d81-1219f9c1f8d7
- Open the notecard named Setup.
- Paste the UUID key of your partner(s).
- Identify how many L$ of each sale go to the partner(s.) Below’s an example of how to format a split:
partner_1: 884058b7-ba3b-4499-8d81-1219f9c1f8d7Note: The owner of the machine does not need to put their avatar key.
- Accept debit permissions.
With the scenario above, the avatar ArchibaldGachum Resident receives L$47 of every gacha sale. Since The Arcade receives a L$5 cut of every L$100 sale, this is withdrawn first. The remainder is divided as specified in the setup notecard. The above example would break down as follows:
|Avatar||Amount Received per Sale (L$)|
…as this calculates to 5+47+48 = 100.
The probability of winning a rare prize is automatically generated for you based on the total number of common and rare items in your collection.
Our machines use random numbers to determine whether an avatar wins a rare or a common prize. Since the numbers are randomized, we cannot guarantee exact allocations of any particular prize. However, if you were to play forever, statistically you would receive roughly half as many of a rare as you would a common prize.
The following formula is used: The number of rares are divided by the total number of items, multiplied by 0.5 (approximately one half), and multiplied by 100 to get a percentage. Feel free to share this information with customers who may have questions about rare probability.
If your brand is interested in sharing promotional copies, please purchase the gift box below your machine (It’s titled “Store Name – The Arcade Promotional Sample.”) The box is scripted to check an access list. After set-up, promotional copies are made available to The Arcade’s blogging team and vendors who’ve also shared a promotional copy.
- Rename your box to include your brand’s name
- Drop “no transfer” samples inside (Note: Please do not box your promotional copies. The script delivers prizes in a folder.)
- Reset script
Promotional copies will be returned before the event opens.
Once you’re finished setting up your gacha machine, you’re welcome to play other machines at the event. As the invitation stated, please do not give away, sell or transfer any prizes to non-participants until the 1st, out of fairness to your fellow designers. You may, however, trade with anyone who’s able to access the The Arcade sim.
All machines provided by The Arcade are intended for sole use at official Arcade events. The use of these machines outside of an Arcade event is prohibited. To better enforce this, all machines have been scripted to function only on sims where an Arcade event’s being hosted.
Note: Since machines are no copy, it’s highly recommended that you make backup copies of your items before the event starts.
The Arcade would like to extend its sincerest gratitude for your brand’s participation! Your tremendous talent, support and dedication have shaped this event as one of the biggest on the grid. Thank you for always showcasing your best!
Owner, Founding Artistic Director